How to Apply for Online Courses
Follow these steps to apply for degree, licensure and certificate admission for online courses at Cleveland State University.
Complete the application for admission
You may complete an application using one of the following methods:
Some programs require a supplemental application. See the list of Graduate Programs for specific program information.
Read the information on applying and be aware of important admission requirements and important dates and deadlines. Requirements may be different for freshman and transfer students. Colleges and programs may also have additional requirements in addition to the University requirements.
Pay the Application Fee
A $40.00 non-refundable application fee is required for all degree, licensure and certificate programs. The application fee may be paid at the time the online application is filed, or it may be paid by check or money order, payable to CSU, and mailed to the address below. The Master of Occupational Therapy and Master of Science in Nursing programs require a fee of $55.00. Workshop applicants and non-degree applicants are not required to pay the fee.
Obtain Official Transcripts
- Submit official transcripts from every post-high school institution attended.
- The College of Education and Human Services requires transcripts only from the institution which granted the Bachelor's degree(s) and Master's degree(s).
- Graduate Admissions Processing will obtain Cleveland State University transcripts - no need for current CSU students to order official CSU transcripts.
- Submit official high school transcript or GED scores or official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities attended other than Cleveland State University (including post-secondary course work).
STEP 4 (GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY)
Submit Official Entrance Exam Scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT).
Not all programs require entrance exams. See the list of programs in the Graduate Catalog for specific program information.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) information can be found at https://www.ets.org/gre.html. The school code for Cleveland State University is 1221. No program code is required.
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) information can be found at www.mba.com. The school code for Cleveland State University is 1221.
- The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is administered by CSU Testing Services.
STEP 5 (GRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY)
Submit Letters of Recommendation.
Not all programs require letters of recommendation. See the list of Graduate Programs for specific program information.
- Download the letter of recommendation cover sheet OR ask your recommenders to submit their letters by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recommendation letters can also be managed and submitted by logging back in to your online application and clicking the Manage Recommendations link.
Application Materials Sent By U.S. Mail Should Be Addressed To:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Cleveland State University, Campus411 All-in-1
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Application Materials Delivered in Person or By a Delivery Service (UPS, FedEx, DHL) Should Be Delivered To:
Main Classroom 116
1899 E. 22nd Street
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214