Follow these steps to apply for degree, licensure and certificate admission for online courses at Cleveland State University. For more detailed information, use the links above:
Complete the application for admission
You may complete an application using one of the following methods:
Read the information on admission requirements and be aware of important dates and deadlines. Some programs require a supplemental application. See the list of programs in the Graduate Catalog for specific program information.
Read the information on admission requirements and be aware of important dates and deadlines. Music students must complete an additional application and complete an audition. Students who have not completed a music theory course for college credit are also required to complete an oral and written placement exam. Contact the Department of Music for additional information at 216.687.5039.
Pay the Application Fee
A $40.00 non-refundable application fee is required for all degree, licensure and certificate programs. The application fee may be paid at the time the online application is filed, or it may be paid by check or money order, payable to CSU, and mailed to the address below. The Master of Occupational Therapy and Master of Science in Nursing programs require a fee of $55.00. Workshop applicants and non-degree applicants are not required to pay the fee.
Obtain Official Transcripts
- Submit official transcripts from every post-high school institution attended.
- The College of Education and Human Services requires transcripts only from the institution which granted the Bachelor's degree(s) and Master's degree(s).
- Graduate Admissions Processing will obtain Cleveland State University transcripts - no need for current CSU students to order official CSU transcripts.
- Submit official high school transcript or GED scores or official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges and universities attended other than Cleveland State (including post-secondary course work).
Submit Official Entrance Exam Scores (GRE, GMAT, MAT).
Not all programs require entrance exams. See the list of programs in the Graduate Catalog for specific program information.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) information can be found at www.gre.org. The school code for Cleveland State University is 1221. No program code is required.
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) information can be found at www.mba.com. The school code for Cleveland State University is 1221.
- The Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is administered by the CSU Testing Services.
Submit Letters of Recommendation.
Not all programs require letters of recommendation. See the list of programs in the Graduate Catalog for specific program information.
Application Materials Sent By U.S. Mail Should Be Addressed To:
Graduate Admissions Processing
Cleveland State University, Campus411 All-in-1
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Application Materials Delivered in Person or By a Delivery Service (UPS, FedEx, DHL) Should Be Delivered To:
Main Classroom 116
1899 E. 22nd Street
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214